I need to know about Indoor gardening as am going to do – what are different types of indoor plants available & uses of each type of Indoor plants and suggest me some low light area plants means shady indoor plants . what are steps in indoor garden and give me some indoor gardening tips. we get in detail on how to on each question.
Indoor Gardening Tips and Indoor plants selection
People who love indoor plants are themed at having the nature along with them all round the years and of course also to impress their family and relatives and guest too.. nature brings life to the room and a happy environment – but before going to get the decorative plants in a rush , we must look out
- what plants can be suitable for our room – allocating space for indoor gardening .
- what the color of the room selected for indoor plants gardening ( paint color – coz dark colors will absorb light )
- what kind of sun light is available through majority of the year – shady plants , medium light plants choosing plants according to our room lighting.
- what kind of plants do we love : choosing flowers themed indoor plants or architectural shaped leaves , colorful leaves or creepers & aquatic themed indoor plants
- what kind of containers to choose for these indoor plants : old style urns ,square base porcelain pots , or stylish sleek containers or metal themed indoor plants pots . and yes we must keep our room size in mind before choosing this.
- or if the house is construction stage some people opt to build fixed place for those plants or to build stage for keeping those pots.
After gathering our room related details we can go for choosing the indoor plant
- Chinese Evergreen – this plants grows easily and they look beautiful – they have some 1 1/2 feet long leaves . there different kind in this plant slone with dark green colors and different leaves pattern too.
- Snake plant - ( mother-in-law’s tongue ) – these have some 2-3 feet long spiked leaves and they have to less watered too ( even alow soil to dry between next watering.
- Jade plants : thses are addiction for some gardeners – they need more sunlight . some say they are good kind of Feng Shui plants.
- Cast Iron Plant : as the name they are suitable for new ones in indoor gardening – they are sturdy plants and have some 2 feet long leaves and plain green in color.
- Peace lily & use: cute plants with white flowers – an attractive view. these plants can grow upto 2-3 feet and it gives us a single petal while flower in between those dark .green leaves . they can help to clean toxins in the air ( keep away from children as their leaves may be harmful – and les watering is good ).
- devil’s ivy – called as money plants in India – these plants are climbing plants and attractive too . we allow them to hang or to provide thread to climb over .
- Boston Fern & use - themed on eco . these plants are useful in keeping the formaldehyde away from us ( which causes certain health problems – which comes from our regular usage and synthetic furniture and others ). this helps the air to stay fresh .
- Areca Palm : this looks beautiful and brightens the atmosphere of our room – this plant clears the xylene present in the air ( which comes from various sources in our home – likes gas , pesticides , paints . this creates health related disorders) . so this is also good for having fresh air .
- Dragon trees : these plants need medium care and as the name they need to be in dryer place with light conditions – effective for office and apartments
- Spider plants & use : this indoor plant looks funny and cool – our children and aged will like it . at the same time they posses a great ability – yes they can clear the carbon monoxide ( which creates to bad ill effects in our body – as we inhale the air containing carbon monoxide) . having spider plans will web out (filter) this thing from air .
- African violets plant: these plants are easy to grow and attractive – placing them in the east sun is good (coz less intense sunlight) this makes them fresh and look beautiful – if you have west themed indoor garden – filter the sunlight with curtains to avoid much intensity.
- Orchids : lovely plants for creating a romantic atmosphere . we need to care a little bit -check out the leaves of orchids – if these ar dark green they need much light and if medium then its normal and if they turn little yellow it mean we are over watering it. on purchase choose orchids with more buds rather than purchasing one with wilted flowers.
- Ficus Plants : these are easy to grow means less care and they are adaptable to environment – there are grown by most of the indoor gardeners.
- Chamaedorea Palm- to bring the tropical range effect in your room.
- Ponytail palms - they look good and needs less attention . if we often forget to water the plants this is goes best for those indoor gardeners.
- Angel Ivy Ring Topiary - these are fast growing wire vines and gives seasonal flowers.
- Sword Ferns - these kind of plants are good for humidity low areas and dry areas ( they tolerate the dryness to great extent ).
- others like desert plants , palms , Vandas and Dendrobiums can also suit for indoor gardening beginners.
Containers : Choose effective containers regarding the plant we select – containers with proper drain holes . proper drainage can leave you plants healthy and stay harmless.
proper sunlight : regarding the plant like dry plants are moist plants move them to perfect position of the window to have required light for that plant .best sunlight gathering time is morning time as the sunlight intensity will be low – it will be good for indoor plants ( even move plants outside during morning and get back after sometime.)
Rotate the pots : some plants may move towards sunlight so turn them often to grow straight – else they will grow inclined.
check the leafs : if the leaves turn much darker than normal it means they need more light and if leaves turn yellow stop over watering and care – yes they turn yellow because of over watering ( but this is not for plants with yellow leaves ). pour adequate water for plants.
give a bath : do spray water on the leaves and stem – as the plants look dull and sad with the dust covered all over the plants body – so use sprayers to spray water or sprinkle water over the leaves and stem.
feed them with fertilizers : as we water some of the nutrients are washed away from the soil – so add fertilizers occasionally to help the plants to stay healthy.
Tags: indoor gardening ideas, indoor gardening plants, Indoor gardening tips
link : Indoor Gardening
Home Page » Gardening-plants